1. Who are your clients? We work solely with Alaska based, small business owners. Our clients range from Contractors, Physicians and Therapists, Native Corporations, Tourism, Lodging, Churches, Real Estate, Retail Stores, Restaurants, and many others. Our average client ranges from $200K to $4M+ annual revenues. In most cases, we are their sole accounting team and work in conjunction with their CPA and/or Tax Accountant. References are available upon request.
2. How do we get our documents to Denali Bookkeeping & Consulting? We offer several options for our business owners and want to work with you the way you work best. If you’re an electronic type of person, our online client portal offers an electronic filing system where you can upload your files directly for us. We also use Dropbox and email. If you’re a paper type person, walk in and drop off, courier pickup or snail mail is still awesome.
3. How long does the account setup take? If you’re a new business that runs your business activity through a bank account and a credit card, setup takes as little as 2-4 hours** to bring you current. If you’re an existing business, we will evaluate your QuickBooks files and see if it’s in a workable condition. It is really dependent upon the condition of your books and services requested. Our time estimate is usually about 2 weeks if all data and reports are provided.** During this setup and partnering phase, we provide the current accounting tasks requested to keep you up to date.
4. Why should I partner with your bookkeeping services over an in-house accountant? Our rates for services are generally 40% less than the cost of an employee. You also receive access to the bookkeeper, an accountant and office administrator with the knowledge and experience to assist you with growing your business. In addition, we use the latest technology to streamline your accounts and we also offer any discounts on software and applications that integrate to maximize your savings.
5. Do I have to sign a contract? We do prepare a Standard Letter of Agreement that outlines our responsibilities as the service provider and you as the business owner. We do require that you “participate in your own rescue”. Just like our state, we are an at will company. We provide services on a month-to-month basis and stand by our work. If we no longer enjoy each other as business associates, there are no hard feelings. It’s simply a business decision. If you no longer want to work with our company, please give us a week to wrap up your accounts and have your information ready for pickup.
6. Are there setup fees? If you’re a new account, we will start fresh with the quoted contract amount. If your books are current, we start with the quoted contract amount. If your books are messy when you start with Denali Bookkeeping & Consulting, we will provide a quote for the clean up and we can provide you guidance on bringing them current or we can do it for you. Payroll Only clients, there is a setup fee. We’ve helped a lot of businesses clean up their books and you can say this is our specialty.
7. How do I access my accounting software? The majority of our clients, we host the accounting software on our servers and simply review the accounting information and provide financial reports at our scheduled meetings. Others owners, come to us with QuickBooks Online and we access their files over the internet. Invite us as the Accountant LEANN@DENALIBOOKKEEPING.COM. For several of our clients, we prefer to use RightNetworks to host the QuickBooks files or other accounting software where both our client and our bookkeepers can access it over the internet. And then others provide a Remote Desktop Protocol or a LogMeIn to the server or computer that the accounting software is stored. Please ensure we can access this computer 24/7.
8. Where are you located? We are located in Anchorage, Alaska off of Tudor Road and Lake Otis.
Call or email today for a free 1 hour consultation and
see if we’re a good match to work together.
907-306-1828 | Office@denalibookkeeping.com